Friday, March 06, 2009,11:36 pm
Stay strong.
You got back your results today. Unfortunately, it was below your expectations. You could not contain yourself; the tears flowed freely. Seeing your disappointment, your devastation, your disconsolation, all I wanted to do was put my arm around you and provide the proverbial, and perhaps literal, arm around your shoulder, and tell you everything would be all right. Would it have been of solace to you? Would it have merely exacerbated the pain? I do not know.
What I do know is that you will emerge from this episode a stronger individual. I'm sure this is not your first setback; neither will it be your last. It does not matter now what results you got. Rather, what does matter is how you respond to adversity. After all, the true failure is the failure to learn from failures and/or mistakes. I know that you will bounce back from this and become a better person for it. And in doing so, you will achieve success.
Stay strong.